Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Down Under Doll Quilt Swap - Happy Mail

About 2 months ago Kate from One Flew Over invited participants to join in the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap (round 2) and I managed to get a place in the swap! There are only about 10 days to go now before all of the quilts need to be posted to our partners and there are already lots of gorgeous creations in the DUDQS flickr group.  
I have already received my DQ from my partner (thank you Leah!!!!!!) which I just love. The colours and vintagey fabrics she has used are so pretty and it really is such a clever design as the dimension the puffy "pods" have is amazing!!!
On the back she has stamped "DUDQS" and done some lovely handstitching for the binding. I really like the elephant tape she used on the packaging too:)
And she included a cute little mug rug with really nice pebbly quilting (which I need to try.....) in the middle and it now resides on my bedside table as it was just the right size for that early morning cuppa.
Thanks again Leah, and also to Kate for organizing it all:) This was my first swap and now I am hooked!! 
Now I just need to finalize my DQ to send off to its new home ......... 

Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment