Thursday, July 14, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 7

 I had purchased the 241 tote bag pattern from Noodlehead a few weeks ago and decided to make a start on it this week. I have some lovely Echino Quiet Ground in black, and managed to cut out the fabric so that I have elephants on both main pieces.
I debated about using any interfacing at all with the linen, but didn't want the bag to be too slouchy. All I had here though was quite a heavy interfacing which was a bit tricky to sew through at the base of the bag, so I may use a different weight next time.
 I have also used a natural linen for the remainder of the bag and the strap, some grey cotton for the lining and made a pocket using come scraps of the black Echino.


  1. Looks like your bag is coming along nicely!

  2. That echino print is fabulous! It's going to be really great!

  3. Cute bag! I really like the fabrics you chose.

  4. Neat bag and cute fabric, looks like it is coming along great.

  5. Ooh, this is a pattern I've been wanting. Lovely bag!