Monday, August 8, 2011

This week - WIP # 9

My daughter had her eye on my elephant pyramid door stop which was made for me by my lovely neighbour Lee, so I decided to make one for Gemma. She chose the fabric herself (Joel Dewberry Aviary 2 damask in plum) as she has a lot of aqua and purples in her room:
 And I am trying out a few ideas for the Love of Solids swap - I made a bunch of HST's and have stitched them together to make one of the items my secret partner listed:
Not sure if I will continue with making this for her or if I'll do something different - I always feel that whatever I decide to do will never be good enough to give to someone else......
Linking to Sew Modern Monday @ Canoe Ridge Creations, to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory and also to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced (buttons in sidebar).
Kirsten.


3 comments:

  1. i know the feeling well, but I am sure what you make will be appreciated and loved! your work on here is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are doing with the solids so far. I'm sure your partner would agree, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute door stop and your solids look great!

    ReplyDelete