Friday, December 2, 2011

Fresh Sewing Day

I finished off the Denyse Schmidt Plus ("D+") quilt but couldn't take photos yesterday as it was raining and have ended taking them inside today with it hanging off my bookshelf  - which is also quite handy when I don''t have anyone here to hold the quilt up for me:)
I ended up using some blue backing which I had here already as it seemed to go with most of the fabrics.
It is actually nice to look back each month and see what everyone has achieved - I  know that there are times when I feel like I am getting nowhere but then I realise that I have actually done at least a few things:)
So last month I made the table runner for the Modern Christmas Table Runner swap along with a couple of decorations and a mini quilt using a leftover block , a pillow and the Plus quilt using some Denyse Schmidt fabrics, a green fabric basket and have pieced the top together for a Surfs Up quilt. I still have a few things to do by Christmas so hopefully this month will have a lot of finishes too:)

Fresh Sewing Day

Also linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory  - so go on over to Lilys Quilts and Quiltstory to see what everyone has been sewing up!
 
Kirsten.

19 comments:

  1. Hello linky list neighbour :o) Great collection of makes this month, these round-ups do boost your confidence, don't they? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plus quilt is awesome. I love how it turned out! Everything else is great as well - isn't it fun to see it all together in one mosaic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy. The quilt is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love your plus quilt! I always feel like that too, that I have done nothing until I look back over the month and see a few finishes. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did soooooo much in November! And I love the DS plus quilt. It works really well with the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mosaic is beautiful and I just love your D+ quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, it all looks gorgeous and that D+ quilt is stunning. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kirsten I love the fabric you have chosen. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is off topic, but I TOTALLY love your blog header :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your projects are lovely. Hanging your quilt from the bookshelf is ingenious! I'm going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. really nice + quilt as are all the projects in your mosaic - great month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow - busy month! love the denys smith quilt - great idea for the fabrics - i bought some from spotlight a couple of months ago and was wondering what do with it - love the idea of your plus quilt - another on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kirsten! Your new quilt is really beautiful! I love your fabric and colours choise!
    I try to remember what I did last month - perhaps I should make a mosaic, too. Yours looks great!
    I like also the fabrics in your last post! Somehow my reader didn't have these posts.
    Have a lovely week! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the way the colors work together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been loving all of the plus quilts lately and yours is gorgeous with all of the Denyse Schmidt. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your quilt! My oldest son just moved into a twin bed and I'm planning on making him a quilt for it using this pattern. Your quilt is SO beautiful... it gives me confidence that his will look good too. crossing my fingers! ;)

    Wow! You got a lot done last month! Good for you! :) I wish I could be that productive! ;) Following along!

    from blank pages...

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this quilt! such pretty coloration!

    ReplyDelete