Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patricks Day sewing

In celebration of St Patricks day I thought I should make something green and remembered the great tutorial on mon petit lyons blog I saw recently for a cute fabric basket
I really needed somewhere to throw fabric scraps and threads while sewing (other than on the floor) and thought this would be perfect. Courtney's original basket has a little pocket on it but I left it off mine as I liked it as it was:) 
I chose a DSQ floral fabric to match my green thread snips and also this cute little needle book that I bought from Svetlana at S.o.t.a.k handmade. 
And I also finished my 3rd Swoon block which happens to be a very "Irish" looking one:)
Happy St Patricks Day!! 
Linking to  Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, and Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in sidebar).
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. Lovin' the green. Very cute stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St Patrick's Day...love your green things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, and love your wee needlebook too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green is one of my favorite colors and both projects look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the basket and that Swoon block is definitely got some gorgeous colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all three of your wonderful swoon blocks!

    ReplyDelete