Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have the week off work next week so have plans to do lots and lots of sewing. I owe my mum a mothers day present, and also my sister-in-law a birthday present from earlier this month - I figure that I was early last year so I can be a little late this year:)
These are the fabrics I have selected to make another bag using the 241 bag pattern by Anna at Noodlehead - some Echo and a linen/cotton blend that I found at Spotlight today, and a cross-hatch remnant that will be good for the lining.
(Note: For those in Australia , Spotlight has a great range of linen/cotten blends in for winter in lots of lovely colours - $12.99/m. It is similar to the Lara linen they had last year and will be very 
handy for the Zakka style projects.)
I made a couple of 241 bags last year and I really love the size and shape of them.The pattern is very easy to follow too.
I have also bought another bag pattern from Anna - the Go Anywhere bag, and I think I may make one using the Navy Echo as well.
Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.



10 comments:

  1. I don't know how many times I've admired that bag pattern, and still have never made one!! The ones that you have made are lovely. I really should jump right onto the 241 band wagon. :) Does it use interfacing for structure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your noodlehead bag...it is a great combo of fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo yes...I must go and check out the new range of linens because earlier in April there were none at Spotlight. I like that shot cotton/linen fabric and of course I am a huge fan of 'Echo'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, love you time trade off there ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah time off from work to sew is the best!!! I love that you have a list and know exactly what you want to accomplish. By the way, I recently made the go anywhere bag and loved it: http://so-sue.blogspot.com/2012/04/sewing-for-mothers-day.html you will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fabrics for your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those bags. One in your new fabric will look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Echino bag, great way to use a big scale print like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh, I can't wait to see the 241 bag with Echo! All your bags look great, I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I didn't know that. I'll be off to spotlight tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete