I will eat almost anything that has a combination of Spinach and Feta cheese:) We really love this quiche recipe and it can be eaten warm or cool.
SPINACH AND FETA QUICHE
1/2 large silverbeet/ spinach leaves- washed and finely chopped
1 1/2 cups silverbeet white stalks - finely chopped
1 medium onion - finely chopped
50 g butter
2 tbspn pine nuts
pinch of grated nutmeg
4 eggs , beaten
200g crumbled feta cheese
one or two sheets of frozen filo pastry (or enough to cover base of pie dish)
1. Wash the silver beet, and finely dice the leaves, stalks and onion.
2. Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan, tossing until they are browned. Remove.
3. Melt butter in frying pan and cook the onion and stalks, then add the silverbeet leaves and sweat over a gentle heat until wilted.
4. Break eggs into a bowl and whisk well. Add in cream, crumbled feta cheese and nutmeg, then the silverbeet mixture and stir through.
5. Pour the filling into the pastry base, and top with pine nuts.
6. Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes, then a moderate oven for about half an hour, or until set and browned. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Can be served warm or cold.
Enjoy! Linking to Tuesday at the Picnic Table with Debbie at A Quilters Table.