Saturday, July 14, 2012

A World of Fun.....

It is school holidays here in Australia and we always try to go somewhere with the kids. This time, it was a trip up to the Gold Coast to one of the theme parks - Dreamworld. It has been cold and rainy here for most of the holidays but we managed to go on a sunny day - and it was warm enough to have gone to White Water World as well, if we had remembered to bring our swimmers.
 I don't really like the "thrill rides" but my teenagers do!
Dreamworld has 7 big thrill rides - this is the Tower of Terror.
 And they got to meet a few funny characters.......
 As well as a few Aussie ones.
My hubby had to see if he was the right height for the Mick Doohan motocoaster ride.
Dreamworld is home to some Bengal and Sumatran tigers as part of a conservation and breeding program, and they recently welcomed two cubs, Baru and Ravi - they are so cute!

 
Kirsten.


6 comments:

  1. oh love those fun family times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go on the rides! This must be so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! I dont do big scary rides... I am happy to be the coat holder!! glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm not a big scary ride person either, but glad you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great day out. I used to love rides like those ones you show but it has been so long I wonder if I would now!!

    ReplyDelete