Thursday, January 24, 2013

Visit your LQS day!

Today is "Visit your Local Quilt Shop " day ! My LQS is a quaint little place in South LIsmore, NSW called "Rainbow Patchwork" and is run by the lovely and very helpful Karen. It has been open for just over 18 months and carries a wonderful stock of bright and colourful Kaffe prints.
As well as a rainbow of Moda Bella solids:
Karen has a Gammill long arm quilting machine in the store which she quilted my Swoon quilt on for me last year- this Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt that is being done at the moment is so cute: 
There are some very nice examples of the beautiful quilting hanging around the store:
The solids quilt is stunning and I really love this Owl quilt in Ruby:
 
Ruby is probably my favourite fabric line that is stocked there - I made a Braided tote in a class here just over a year ago similar to the one hanging off the stand:.
And some gorgeous flannels including some from the Marmalade range, and I also spotted some Kaffe shot cottons that Karen had just received and will be getting in lots more colours.
And there are some fabulous sewing accessories available too - I bought a set of Drunkards Path templates in 3 and 4 inch sizes which I think will be very useful.

And you never know who you are going to bump into at your local store - I met Fiona from Findng Fifth for the first time this morning when we were both taking photos so please pop over to her blog to see more pics! Hopefully we will be able to catch up with each other soon at the upcoming Sunday Sew-in sessions at the store.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! How lovely to bump into a fellow blogger at your LQS! I don't really have a local one now! Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was a lovely bonus surprise to find you in the shop when I came in. You can see what I bought on my Sunday Stash this week. Hope that we can do a couple of Sunday afternoons together at our LQS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I forgot it was LQS day - might have to go belatedly and get some pics ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tour makes me feel like I'm there. Congrats on your win on the Red Pepper Quilt blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That display of solids has me wanting to hop in the car lol. Lucky you! The only place in Sydney with that bigga bunch is Hobby Sew...def not Moda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful shop! I could have stayed there forever :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete