Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just 3 for March

I know that it is the shortest month of the year, but February just seemed to go so quickly -  maybe that is an indication of how this year is going to be! My Just 3 for February were: 
1. I have just signed up for the DS doll quilt swap again so once the partners are assigned, I would like to start on making something for my partner. Well, due to so much going on here right now, I have decided to hold back from joining too many swaps so am not participating in the DS mini swap this time around, but hope to join in again later on.
2. Finished and sent my AusModBee AMH feather blocks to Lorena:
3. And I made a just a couple more triple-zip pouches:)
So now onto my goals for March:
1. My "Architextures" quilt is back from the quilters so I am ready to finish off the binding - I am using a maroon solid which matches one of the colours in the crosshatch prints quite well.
2. I have finished sewing my "Land of Oz" quilt top for the Pantone Emerald challenge: I made some random HST blocks along the lines of Katie @ Sew Katie Did like we did for the SImply Solids Fallow group bee blocks in February using a variety of green prints along with some solids in green or grey. I loved this design in solids, but am still not sure if this pattern translates as well to prints...
3.And I would like to make my "trial" Refractatorium block into something - maybe a mini or a pillow cover?
Linking to Just 3 with Tracey at Tracey Jay quilts.
traceyjay quilts
and with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic projects Kirsten. I look forward to seeing more of the Architextures quilt. It looks great, and the maroon binding will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God luck with the list for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you are the triple zip queen!! I so love your land of oz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects for March - the Architextures' quilt is stunning and I love the binding you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow lots of beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! You've been busy. I'm loving your feathers and refractorium block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really liking your 'Oz' quilt!!

    ReplyDelete