Monday, June 10, 2013

Birthday Books!

It is the Queens Birthday Long Weekend here in Australia, which also happens to coincide with my birthday. We have just spent a couple of days at my parents place at the beach and we all went out for a lovely birthday lunch, then had fresh fish for dinner as son#1 managed to catch a big flathead on his first cast, and son#2 reeled in two bream.
For my birthday, I was given some wonderful presents including two wonderful books: Liberty Love and Pillow Pop.
Of course, I had absolutely no idea guessed that I was going to receive these books, and had prepared for this by purchasing a few fat eighth bundles of Liberty fabrics a few weeks ago from the Quilter's Store stand at the Mad Quilter's show
Liberty fabrics are quite hard to come by here in Australia and I thought that it was a great opportunity to be able to add them to my stash.These bundles are from the newer Lifestyle/ Bloomsbury Gardens ranges.
Linking to Sunday Stash with Fiona at Finding Fifth.
Kirsten.

18 comments:

  1. How fun! You'll love the Liberty book and the fabrics look delish :) Happy birthday to you (and Queenie)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Kirsten! Looks like you will have lots to keep you busy once the celebrations are over! The Liberty looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Kirsten! Swoon-worthy birthday loot :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday :-) What a lovely lot of presents - the liberty looks wonderful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday - and what lovely, useful gifts. You can enjoy dreaming of your new projects and touch your new fabrics as you make your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in the UK and I don't have any liberty in my stash (hoping to change that tomorrow!) So I'm totally green eyed about your stash. You lucky, lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Great gifts and cannot wait to see what you do with the Liberty! Happy Birthday too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Kirsten! Enjoy your new loot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Those books look great.
    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!!! Enjoy playing with your new books and fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated happy birthday! Sounds like a wonderful weekend :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Brilliant presents. Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Kirsten. Awesome goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shut the front door! Fabulousity! I was gonna ask if you had a great birthday, but looks like you worked it out! Liberty FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you, Happy Birthday! And well-planned you so it seems! Enjoy-how good to have your birthday on a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed catching up at the last Rainbow Patchwork Sew In but I was home alone with two kids. I have not touched new liberty fabrics but I finished up an old Liberty print quilt in 2011 and the cotton was very fine - like shirt cotton. Is that still the case?

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy (late) birthday! Two fab books - I have Pillow Pop, but not the Liberty one, would love it. And I loved those little Liberty bundles at the TQES stall at Mad Quilters, I bought one too - my first ever Liberty purchase.

    ReplyDelete