Thursday, October 3, 2013

2013 Finish-a Long: Quarter 3 finishes

she can quilt
I joined in with the fabulous Finish-A-Long  hosted by Leanne at She Can Quilt  in the 3rd quarter to try and get a few projects crossed of my to-do list here. And surprisingly, I have managed to get all of them done:)
1. First up was a Giant Star quilt using Sandi Henderson's pretty Secret Garden fabrics. 
I got this done in time for DD's18th birthday in September.
 2. Second up was finishing off the Simply Solids X and + quilt .  
This was my first bee quilt - the X and + blocks were made by my fellow Simply Solids Fallow group bee members.
3. Finish off the Scrappy Trip along quilt- I have sewn 20 blocks so only 10 more before they are done. 
All done too! I just loved making this Scrappy trip along quilt - the blocks came together so easily using the very clever strip piecing method from Quiltville.
4. We are in the middle of winter now so I really do need to finish off the scarf for Gem which she has been impatiently waiting for...

And here she is modelling the scarf:)
5. When we went to Sydney, I needed something to keep all of our tickets, documents and maps etc. together. 
  I found a brilliant tutorial for a travel portfolio here.
And could fit everything in there perfectly.
6. Last on my list was another Triple Zip pouch. I had all of the pieces cut out of the pretty Marmalade fabrics, and the interfacing fused on already so this was quite easy to put together. 
So I am quite pleased that I managed to get 6/6 projects done this quarter - 3 of them being rather large quilt finishes. I just need to have a think about my list of projects that need to be done in the next quarter now:)
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You were productive Kirsten! All such pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! All wonderful finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are all beautiful and six finishes is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful finishes! Congrats. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete