Friday, October 11, 2013

4th quarter FAL list!

Having managed to get 6/6 projects done for the 3rd quarter, I am hoping for the same success rate this quarter. While my sewing machine was in being serviced recently, I made best use of my non-sewing time by cutting lots of fabrics ready to be sewn into projects for when my machine came back -  have a few swap items to make as well so they also on my list. So here goes for the 4th quarter:

1. An  "Owl You Need" sewing buddy: using the tutorial from Shanni loves, this is definitely the first thing I want to make as it is just so cute!!! I have started sewing the smaller pieces together.
2. Fabric Basket for swap: I signed up for a fabric basket swap recently and we have been assigned our partners. My partner likes red so I have chosen some red sewing themed fabrics to make a fabric basket and a few extra items,  and have begun by making some of the pocket panels..
3. DUDQS Mini quilt: I have started making some Scrappy Sprout blocks using the tutorial by Tracey Jay quilts to make a mini quilt for my secret partner in the swap. Just need to make a few more of these now....
4. DUDQS Xmas runner: I have pulled lots of red and green fabrics both in Christmassy and non-Christmas prints to make a table runner for this swap. 
5. It is my hubbys birthday later this year so I have started to make a present for him using these great black and white prints.
6. Feathers quilt: I have received all of the Chicopee feathers blocks from my fellow AusMod Bee members and would love to try and get this huge quilt finished
7. Ellie Quilt: I need to make a baby boy  quilt so have used these 6" squares of a very cute elephant fabric with a grey (ash) solid and some coordinating prints to make some HST's for the quilt.
8. Chicopee QAYG item: I have started making  a QAYG panel which I would like to make into another Noodlehead Sidekick tote bag.
9. Christmas stocking: another QAYG project using a great tutorial from Imagine Gnats. The back is already quilted in a cross hatch design so I just need to make the QAYG front piece.
10. Millefiore fabrics: these new Sarah Fielke fabrics are really beautiful and I have a couple of Christmas gift ideas in mind for them already. These 2.5" strips are cut to make some scrappy trip along type blocks from.
So there it is - a list of 10 projects which I hope to get done by the end of the year! 
she can quilt
Linking to the Finish Along with Leanne at She Can Quilt.
Kirsten.       

7 comments:

  1. well.. you wont have time to be bored!! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is an ambitious list Kirsten! Good luck with it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite a list. I love the sneak peak of the DUDQS mini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg your sewing buddy is going to be so cute!! Can't wait to see him finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite the list - looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of great projects here! I snapped up some of Sarah Fielke's new fabrics last time I was in Spotlight - just waiting for the perfect project to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very fun mix of projects going. :D It can be very nice having a variety to choose from, especially when they're all cheery like yours.

    ReplyDelete