Thursday, October 31, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival - ArchiteXtures quilt (Throw quilt category)

I also have an entry in the Throw quilt category for the Bloggers Quilt festival hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side.
AmysCreativeSide

To celebrate our 20th Wedding anniversary this year, I decided to make a quilt for my husband. I began this back in January when I was pattern testing the fabulous "Lucky Squares" pattern for the lovely Jess @ Sew Crafty Jess, using the newly released "Architextures" fabrics by Carolyn Friedlander and a charcoal solid. My husband and I actually met whilst we were in the Army Reserves together and the contour prints in these fabrics reminded me of the maps we were always reading back then:)
I made the lap size version  (58 x 68") of the Lucky Square pattern, and then added borders to make it slightly larger.
The binding is done in a maroon/burgundy solid which matches one of the crosshatch prints in the Architextures fabrics quite well, as this is also the colour of hubbys favourite football team here in Australia.
This was quilted by Karen at my LQS Rainbow patchwork using a lighter grey thread in an Anne Bright Square Dance pattern which fitted the Lucky Squares pattern.
The back is a solid grey which really shows up the geometric quilting design well.
Thanks for visiting and please stop by as many of the other BQF links as you can as voting begins soon too.
Kirsten.

11 comments:

  1. It's an awesome quilt and I'm sure he loves it. I enjoy pattern testing. It gets me out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry Kirsten! I love that quilting design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking entry - both design and colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really great man's quilt :D I bet he loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt turned out beautifully! What a lovely gift for your husband.

    susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is beautiful! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun design. It does totally remind one of a map! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing information.
    to get more fabric design in weaveron textile.click on this https://www.weaveron.com/.

    ReplyDelete