Monday, November 11, 2013

QAYG Chicopee bag

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Denyse Schmidts fabrics and and Chicopee is one of my favourites, so I decided to use some of these colourful prints to make another Noodlehead Sidekick tote bag.
I started with a QAYG panel and was going to make it large enough to use on both sides...
But then, I remembered how much I liked the downsized Anna Maria Horner feather that I made for the Mouthy Stitches tote swap last year, so made one to fit the panel for the larger size of the Sidekick tote pattern to use on the other side of the bag.
I teamed the Chicopee with some a very dark grey, almost black denim which sets off the vibrant prints perfectly. 
The Sidekick tote has a recessed zip closure and I added in a patchwork pocket on the inside, as well as a zippered pocket.
I bought the pieces of hardware to finish off this bag recently at a Brisbane craft show -  I have left the adjustable strap quite long so that I can use the tote as a shoulder bag, or as a messenger style bag.

 Linking to the Purse Palooza hosted by Sara of Sew Sweetness.
Sew Sweetness
And also with the 4th quarter FAL with Leanne @ She Can Quilt.
Kirsten.

19 comments:

  1. You are the queen of bags Kirsten! I love what you have done with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, Kirsten! I love the patchwork, colours, scraps, feather and the bag pattern itself. Absolutely in my lits to do! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tote is really vibrant. Love your choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love those fabrics..and you did a beautiful job showing them off with that great bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a huge Denise Schmidts fan!! Your bag is gorgeous!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my heart! This is an absolute stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, just love that bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek Kirsten, this bag is amazing!!! I really really love it - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need one of these for every season! This is great and a good size :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear I have fallen in love with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the contrast of riot of colour and pattern on the front to the calmer back :o)

    ReplyDelete