Friday, March 28, 2014

My Quilty Bucket List

When I saw Staceys post about her Quilty Bucket list , I could totally relate to it!  There are some nights where I lie awake thinking about all of the quilty projects that I would like to accomplish (one day!) so here are a few of the ones that I have had on my mind lately...
1.  After seeing all of the lovely Marcelle Medallion quilts last year I am very keen to make one myself - I received a copy of the Liberty Love book for my birthday along with some Liberty fabrics but not sure if I have enough for the quilt.
2. Make a sampler style quilt like the Gypsy Wife quilt. I have joined the Gypsy Wife QAL group on flickr and already have some fabrics in mind for this one.
lowvolumeplusses
3. I would love to make a low volume quilt - I recently participated in a Low Volume charm swap and have been "collecting" other LV fabrics.
4. And although they constantly make fun of my pile of quilts, I would like to make each of my teenaged sons a quilt before they leave home. I found a blog post I did about this back in August 2012 - I still have the stash of Parson Grey Curious Nature fabric and one of the other patterns I am now considering is the Lucky Squares pattern (above) which I tested for Jess last year.
5. After seeing Debbies recent post on all of the beautiful Swoon quilts she has made, a miniature version is on my list too - although the 8" blocks may be a bit of a challenge to sew:)
The Tilted Quilt
Linking up to the Quilty Bucket List hosted @ The Tilted Quilt. 
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. I find my list gets longer and longer! maybe the best idea would be to rip it up and start new!! lol x what would life be without a list xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's one gorgeous list you have. finishing any would be a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great list Kirsten! Lots of variety and colour to play with...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to make a mini swoon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really have a list, so much as an *ooh, shiny* problem ;o) Love seeing what everyone else has though :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so helpful to write these down! It's given me such focus since I did so. I'm now trying to find ways to kills two with one stone. Hmm, something tells me the boys wouldn't want a Liberty medallion quilt though? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! Love all your Swoons (duh) - the mini isn't really challenging at all - it's fun!

    ReplyDelete