Thursday, January 14, 2016

Goals for Q1 FAL 2016

In 2016, for the first quarter FAL, I have quite a few projects that I would really like to get finished and also hoping to do some stash-busting along the way for #sewmystash2016....
1. AMH Painted Portrait dress: one thing I want to try this year is some garment sewing. I bought some pretty aqua floral rayon quite a while ago now to make this and I have already made a muslin to check sizing. I made up the sleeveless dress which will be lovely and cool to wear during summer.
2. And also a sleeveless blouse from the same pattern - I am using some Tula Pink Eden elephants for the front yoke and it is all cut out ready to sew!
3. Next up is a mini quilt for the Thimble Blossoms swap due by the end of January - I have the first block sewn together and just need to do the other 3 before quilting!.
4. A "Fancy Fox" quilt by Elizabeth Hartman, using a mix of orange fabrics from my stash.
5. Melba pillow  - I have made one of the Melways blocks to use for a pillow as a gift for our neighbours (The Collingwoods) as they are always happy to mind our cat Simba when we go away.
6. Another stash busting quilt is the "Pineapple quilt" using the pattern by Jackie Padesky - I have one block sewn already and this will be the perfect way to use up some of the stash of yellow fabrics I have. 
7. Skipping Stones quilt for my son - I have the blocks sewn together for the blue quilt but still need to get it quilted and bound...
8. And the green version of the Skipping Stones quilt for my other son needs to be finished too.

9. Fancy Friends MQS: the foxes are already made but I  need to practice making some of the other animals for this mini quilt.
10. Pixel Perfect Quilt using a mix of Tula pink fabrics - I already have some of the "A" blocks made and am loving them so far!
11. Another Jeliquilts Plus quilt this time using some Very Hungry Caterpillar fabrics - I have sewn the main pieces into the rows, but still need to join them together.
12. A Gatherer Cross body bag using the pattern by Anna @ Noodlehead designs - I am using some Koi canvas and so far have attached the piping to the pocket. 

13.  I received Annas lovely book "Handmade Style" for Christmas and I immediately started one of the smaller projects from the book - the Carry-all Pincushion but all I have done so far is the pocket preparation.
14. When I was cleaning up before Christmas, I came across a couple of stray feathers blocks from my Chicopee quilt a few years ago - they are too pretty not to use so I think I will make a matching pillow for the quilt.
15. A little project for Valentines day using a tutorial from here - I have made some of the hourglass blocks already.
16. Lillyella sewing machine mat - my daughter is is the process of moving to the Gold Coast  and whilst I will miss her terribly, it also means that her bedroom will become a spare/sewing room so I am planning on a few things to make it look like a nice craft area!
So there are all of my projects on my list for Q1 - 16 for 2016! Wish me luck!!
2016 FAL
Linking up with the 2016 FAL which is being hosted by a great group of bloggers from all over the world this year!
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. 16? I hope you are sewing while you read this! ;-) No really - what a great list of wips. I DO wish you well indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kirsten! 16!!! I was ready to stop at about #7!! Do you ever sleep? I love the magpie cushion for the Collingwood family- we Melburnians understand that reference! I have some of that fabric, but I'm not a Collingwood fan- just love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all these gorgeous projects. Look forward to seeing some/all ticked off your list in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. I already stopped by but now I'm on official duty. ;-) Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of lovely projects. I am looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete