Monday, February 29, 2016

Koi Gatherer Crossbody bag

An amazing new (and free!) pattern by Anna @ Noodlehead designs is the Gatherer Crossbody bag.
I decided to use some Cloud 9 "It's a Plus" Koi canvas for this bag as the heavier weight of the canvas is just perfect for bags.

And I also happened to have some teal bias binding leftover from another project which was just the right colour for the piping.
I adapted the bag closure to use a magnetic snap rather than the leather flap from the original pattern.
And I also added in a zippered welt pocket to the lining for a secure place to keep my phone and purse, along with a little tab to attach my keys onto so I don't lose them! .
The hardware for the strap was repurposed from an old camera strap, although you can always just tie the straps onto the side tabs like in some of Annas examples of the bag.
As with all of Anna's designs, this pattern was easy to follow with very clear instructions so if you haven't tried to make a bag before, I can recommend trying either this one or her other free Trail Tote pattern which I have made here and here.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten! What a beautiful bag you have made! Your fabric choice is so good and I like the turquoise piping! Have a great week! x Teje
    www.nerospostbox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the bag expert Kirsten! Love the fabrics and the teal 'piping'! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I'll add to the FAL fb page tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts. Be sure and add a link to your Q1 list to this post to be eligible for prizes!

    ReplyDelete