Saturday, October 15, 2016

My Goals for Q4 of the FAL...

This is the last quarter of the 2016 FAL and I have a mix of projects that I am hoping to get done including a few Christmas gifts...
1. Christmas gift bags: these bags are a great idea for gift giving as they can be reused - I have a few different sized ones cut out ready to sew up in time for gifting.
2. Scrappy Swoon leftovers quilt: the quilt top is put together so now need to baste and quilt...
3. Christmas star pillow: this Scrap Jar block  is going to be made into a pillow.
4. An epic Elephant Abstractions quilt using the amazing pattern by Violet Craft: I have only done 3 of the 97 paper pieces so far so still have a long way to go...
5. Tula Pink 100 blocks sampler: we are over halfway there now and these are the first 36 blocks.
6. Ruby Tuesday quilt: made using the "Room and Board" pattern by Camille @ Thimbleblossoms, the quilt top is sewn and ready for basting then quilting. 
7. Watercolour Seahorse quilt: I have just enough Canyon scraps left over from the Canyon Patchwork Swoon quilt to make these cute seahorses.
8. Caravan tote: making another of these lovely bags, this time using some aqua denim with the feathers print.
9.  This cute bunny was an "extra" block I made when sewing the Fancy Forest baby quilt and I am going to make it onto a matching pillow.
10.Necessary wallet: I have wanted to make the NCW for a while now and am finally giving it a go!
11. Tencel AMH dress: after successfully sewing this pattern earlier this year, I am using it again with some lovely Tencel for another dress with some pretty trim for the pockets.
12. Baby shower gift: I am planning on making a "One Hour Basket" to fill with goodies as a gift for a friends daughter who is expecting her first baby soon.
13.Coastal Ripples: this is a project carried over from the last quarter using up some leftover yarn from other blankets.
14. Tula Hexie quilt: I was lucky to win a set of these hexies recently and just need to cut some more hexagons from the solids and the Slow and Steady prints I have used in my 100 blocks quilt to make this lovely quilt.
15. Hoop wall art: this was a recent sew along hosted by Kylie from Willow and Trout and although I didn't have a chance to do it at the time, this will be another fun project to do over the holidays.
2016 FAL
Linking up my Q4 list with the 2016 FAL team
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. You certainly have your work cut out for you this quarter! Have fun...I can't wait to see them all as finishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowsers! You've made a challenging list, but I have no doubt you'll make great progress!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete