Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Scrappy Seahorses!

After making the Canyon Patchwork Swoon quilt for my daughter, I was left with some short pieces of the jelly roll strips.
I went looking for a way to use up these scraps and came across the Watercolor Seahorse quilt by Elaine Summercrafter which used lots of little 2.5" squares so I got out my seam ripper and pulled some of the strip sets apart.
As I was using colourful squares, I also decided to go with an aqua background appropriately named "Sea".
Lots of little HST's were sewn and trimmed before piecing the quilt!
This is the first of the three seahorses.
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt and Nicky @ Mrs Sew and Sew.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten! Oh, I love your cute sea horses! What a great way to use hst. Your fabrics and colours are so perfect for this! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is going to be soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute way to use those scraps! Looks like he is puckering up for a big kiss! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete