Friday, October 9, 2015

Goals for the Quarter 4 FAL!

I have quite a few projects on my Q4 Finish-A-Long list as some of these need to be made in time for Christmas...
1. Sea glass ripple blanket - I would like to do another crochet ripple blanket but this time in some lovely cool blues and greens. Again, I am using the tutorial by Lucy @ Attic 24 for this blanket.
2.Goody Goody sewing kit: I made one of these recently for a friend and really need one of my own:)
3. Raggy Edge quilt: I have a Fat eighth bundle of Miss Kate flannel ready to cut into for this quilt..
4.  Scooped:  I made these blocks recently and would like to use them in a panel for a summery tote.
5. Pineapple mini: I am planning using this cute design to sew up a few of these blocks to make into pillows and a table runner for Christmas pressies.
6. Passport wallets:  travel themed gifts for my brother and father  - I have some of this lovely Tim Holtz fabric ready to use...
7. A bunch of Pretty Zippy's for Christmas pressies using the pattern by Peta at She Quilts A lot.
8. Tula Pink true colors swap....I have decided on a pattern for this which I hope my partner will like.
9. Xmas runner: LPQ mag
10. Hexie mini - these are the very first hexagons that I have sewn and I would like to try to quilt them in the style of Nicole @ Modern Handcraft .
11.  Skipping stones quilts - I posted a few weeks ago about these blocks so hoping to make some more progress this quarter...
12. Koala quilt: a gift for a new baby girl using the smaller size of the "Abracadabra" pattern by Bloom.
13. Hexie pillow - more hexagons to make a pillow using a pattern from LPQ mag #14 this time using some fun gray and yellow fabrics.
 14. Noodlehead Super tote: using some Aussie themed fabrics.
15. And a last minute addition to my list is another quilt! There is a fun QAL starting on IG (#chelepluscheleqal) using the "Plus" quilt pattern by Jeliquits so I thought I might join in and use some Tribal Woodland fabrics along with a few other coordinates....
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Q3 finishes for the FAL!

Back in July when I wrote up my Q3 FAL list, I wasn't sure if I would get it all done but as I had no swaps due this quarter, I managed to get all of my projects finished!
 1. Pandamonium pillow for nieces 21st - done!
2. Mustang Trail tote - done!
3. Chunky Ripple afghan -  done!
4. Bonnie Bucket Hobo bag - done!
5. Norway Quilt- done!
9. Della wallet clutch - done!
10. Giraffe pillow - done!
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Now to get myself organised for the final quarter FAL for this year!! Linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Della Wallet

After making the Bonnie Bucket bag, another Swoon pattern I wanted to try was the "Della" wallet clutch.
I chose some Cloud 9 organic Koi canvas for the outside along with the Tsuru for the lining.
This is such a great wallet as there are so many card slots along with zip pockets for notes and a phone.
I managed to fussy cut some of the Koi for the feature panel and tabs for the magnetic snaps.
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Giraffe pllow

The Giraffe block I made a while ago has been turned into a cushion.
 This block was part of the zoo animals series of paper pieced patterns by Kristy @ Quiet Play,
I used a cute giraffe print fabric to make the main part of this block as the colour was just right:)
For the border, I used an aqua zebra print along with my favourite B&W stripey fabric for the binding.
And it is backed in a elephant and grey print with a covered zipper using the great tutorial by Adrianne here.
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


Saturday, September 19, 2015

Geometric Sewing Machine

When I saw a photo of Kristy's amazing Geometric Sewing Machine a few months ago I immediately wanted to make one of my own!
I have sewn a few of Kristy's patterns before  (Zoo BOM giraffe and Hexalicious pillow) and I really like all of her Geometric designs - the cat is also on my "to do " list!
Paper piecing is a great way to use up scrappy pieces of fabric - I try to do the larger sections first then am able to use some of those off cuts up in other areas.
I just did simple straight line quilting for this mini quilt and bound it in the vibrant Eggplant Dashes print from AMH Dowry.
And it is backed in Eucalyptus which is one of my favourite AMH Pretty Potent prints. 

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mustang Trail Tote

This "Mustang" Trail Tote is my entry for the "Wilderness" challenge at Le Challenge - you can't get more wild than mustangs, arrows and foxes:)
The Trail Tote pattern by Anna @ Noodlehead comes in two sizes - last year, I made the larger size of the Trail tote and I have wanted to make the smaller size since then.
I love all of the Cotton and Steel ranges, but the Mustang fabrics by Melody Miller from the original Cotton & Steel release are my favourites.
I used a downsized Fancy Fox block along with some other C&S fabrics to make up the patchwork, then quilted the front panel in straight lines.
For the other side of the tote, I used the Mustang arrows canvas in mint metallic.

And I had some lovely green denim here which I have used for the adjustable strap.
There is a welt pocket on the back along with a slip pocket on the interior of the bag. 
Metal zips are quite hard to come by but I have found that jeans/trouser zippers are perfect!
Linking up with Le Challenge hosted by Lucy and Natalie.
Also linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
And this was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side