Monday, May 16, 2016

Fancy Forest baby quilt

After having made the Fancy Fox quilt recently, I really wanted to make another of Elizabeth Hartmans patterns, the Fancy Forest quilt.
This pattern incorporates the foxes, along with a few other blocks - hedgehogs, bunnies,  thistles...
 Allie Owl....
And Frances Firefly blocks.
I made the baby sized quilt using solids in shades of teal and aqua so that it could be suitable for a boy or girl.
The blocks were fairly easy to piece and then it was just a matter of deciding on the layout.
Then I quilted it using the Serpentine stitch which has given the quilt such a great texture.
And used some black and white woodgrain print fabric for the binding which is another favourite of mine:)
Fresh Poppy Design



Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
2016 FAL
This was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's just adorable! It looks fabulous in a limited colour palette, too. Very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely Kirsten! Love your fabric choices and the grouping of the forest friends- it has great balance of design and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have used for this quilt Kirsten. I have seen the pattern around blogland but your colourway is the most appealing I have seen. Wonderful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!! I have been trying to get hold of a paper copy of this pattern in the UK for a while know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love this! The colours are wonderful, my favourites and I love the quilting. Will be trying that out soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own this pattern but keep telling myself to wait until I have completed some thing on my FAL list before I start. After seeing your quilt, the temptation is growing stronger to resist and do "just one block" lol!!! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt ! Congratulations on this finish.

    ReplyDelete