Monday, March 26, 2018

Flannel baby quilt #2

This is the second of the baby quilts I have made using a pattern by Ashley @ Film in the Fridge - I posted about the first one here.
The pattern was the Two by Four block tutorial which I modified to use the flannel jelly roll strips. 
I had enough blocks to make two baby quilts so when a friend told me her lovely daughter was expecting twins, I needed to finish the second quilt in time for them.
My blocks finished at about 8 x 10" so the quilts are 30 x 32 " finished which is a good size for a cot quilt or stroller rug.
Both of the quilts have the same charcoal dotty backing and I have bound this quilt in orange rather than the light grey I used for the first one.
These baby quilts will be heading off to Canada soon ready for the twin boys when they make their appearance later this year.
This was on my Q1 FAL list for this year so linking up with the 2018 FAL team.
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky babies! I love this pattern, and using different but coordinating bindings is a great way to differentiate each baby's quilt.

    On behalf of the global hosts, thank you for participating in the Finish A Long!

    ReplyDelete