Friday, April 26, 2013

X factor pillow swap - Field Trip

The fabulous pillows in the latest round of the X-factor pillow swap have all been voted on so I am now able to reveal the one I entered...
The theme for round 5 was "circles" so I used my Matildas Own drunkards path templates to make 4"  blocks from a combination of Anna Maria Horner's Field Study fabric and some coordinating solids.
I used my hera marker to mark out grid lines approximately one inch apart for the quilting on this pillow and inserted a zipper for the back of the pillow for the first time.
And in keeping with the "Biology" theme, for the back I used the "Frogs Eggs" in multi print from the Sarah Fielke "On the Pond" range .
So this pillow will be posted off to its new home this week. The next theme for the X-factor swap is "hexagons" and all of the details can be found here


Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kirsten, it is beautiful! Love the field study/solid combo, and the quilting is superb. You make such gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely pillow! Bright and cute fabrics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pillow! I love it and hexies is a brilliant theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's not to love? Field Study, solids, DP blocks? I love the idea of this swap - I've just applied to join...I wonder whether I'll get in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pillow! That pattern is so perfect for a pillow and I love your fabrics! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, like how you spread out the value to give that square in the middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Kirsten, love the fabrics you've used, and go you with the Drunkard's Path blocks - curves are my kryptonite!! Love your backing fabric too - I've got a FQ of that one just in the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love all the colorful fabrics and your zipper is great.

    ReplyDelete