Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zakka Style sew along

The Zakka Style sew along started a few weeks ago so I am a bit late joining in,  but after seeing all of the lovely projects coming up in the flickr group I finally bought the book yesterday so I could sew along as well. 
When I got home yesterday, I made the pincushion from the book for my partner in the DSDQ swap as she likes them. I also covered a button with some Hometown fabric which Debbie kindly sent to me earlier this month as part of a fabric swap.

What really attracted me to this sew along was that I love sewing with linen and it is used in nearly all of the projects in the book, which range from a number of simple items that could be used for gifts or in a sewing room, to a tote bag and quilt. 
The next project is the sewing kit on the front of the book so I hope to make it this week - I am thinking of making it in some Echo fabrics and the Quilters linen. I adore the Echo but it is quite difficult to find it in Australian stores - I have been able to purchase a few prints from Fresh Fabrics Aust and found the navy Moira yesterday at a LQS.
Zakka Style Sew Along
I don't know if I will make everything in the book right now but maybe someday....................
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory and to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced (buttons in sidebar).
Kirsten.

11 comments:

  1. Very cool. Love your colored button, & love that you're stitching along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pin cushion. I may be the only person left who hasn't bought the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I wouldn't worry about being late, I bought the book in plenty of time and finished 4 of the totes, a day late, and last week's pincushion, a day late, and I'm not really holding my breath for this week, although I would like to make this week's one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cute! I may have to buy the book too : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that is so gorgeous! Great fabrics and I love the button!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I love sewing with linen as well. This book is on my short list!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a fancy pincushion and I love it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pincushion! I have some Echo as well, but I have yet to cut into it, I can't make up my mind what to make. I'm sure your sewing kit will turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tape measure trim. Just finished my sewing kit today, but still haven't finished the tote (on second attempt!) and I did have the book before the start :) Looking forward to seeing your sewing kit in the Flickr group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pincushion. The book looks awesome, the projects are wonderful. Got to try it.

    ReplyDelete