Saturday, September 29, 2012

DS Mini Quilt- String Star

I have finished sewing the binding on the mini quilt for the DS swap so it is ready to post off to my partner. I just did echo quilting in white around the star and in the white octagon running through the middle.
I used a tutorial from Corey at Little Miss Shabby for the String Star for this block and in order to get the white strips to line up, the middle is quite a bit off which is really frustrating. I tried unpicking and resewing the seams but my block was starting to fall apart so I have just had to sew it all back up again and hope for the best.
I have used fabrics from a number of Denyse Schmidt ranges for this mini - Picnic and Fairgrounds,  Winding Roads, Salty Aire, (Sugar Creek in the US) Aunt Edna, Daisy Mae and also some Flea Market Fancy.
Kirsten.

11 comments:

  1. That is such a cool mini. I like the effect with the white strip. I can't notice anything being off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! The white stripe is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Love that you used so many lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks fab, and great mix of lines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so lovely! I didn't notice the middle until you pointed it out. Remember the golden rule - if you can't see the "mistakes" when galloping past on a horse then they aren't there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty! Absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks gorgeous! I really love that it's scrappy but all DS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty mini! Don't stress about bits only you 'see'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks stunning! You always come up with something fabulous in these DS swaps, well all swaps for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely mini-quilt!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete