Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Star Jump"

A few months ago, Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts put out a call for pattern testers and now that she has released her wonderful "Star Jump" pattern, I can show the finished quilt I made.
I used some of the Denyse Schmidt Picadilly fabrics with a coordinating deep blue solid for the background.
The FQ friendly pattern is written for 3 sizes - baby, lap and Queen size. 
I made the "baby size" and it was a fairly quick pattern to put together as the blocks are quite large at 24" x 24".
This was quilted by doing some straight line quilting through each of the smaller blocks which form the Irish chain element of the pattern.
Once again I used the Ikea numbers fabrics for the back ...
 And bound it in one of the plaid prints from the DS Quilts Picadilly collection.
Jess has generously offered a copy of the "Star Jump" PDF pattern to one of my readers so if you would like win, please leave a comment - maybe tell me which fabrics you would use to make this pattern?  Giveaway now closed ! 
I will randomly draw a winner next week, And in the meantime if you would like a copy of the pattern, it is available here at Payhip.

ETA: The winner of the "Star Jump"pattern is Cindy @ Fluffy Sheep Quilting! 
I have emailed Cindy and will pass her details onto Jess so she can forward a copy of the "Star Jump" pattern. 
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

This quilt was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.


Kirsten.

8 comments:

  1. I think it would look great in solids or maybe patriotic fabrics, what a great pattern, I love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the fabrics you used. I have stopped buying DS fabrics for the most part- but these ones are so pretty and you used them well. If I won this pattern I would use something from my stash- maybe blues because they are taking over my fabric storage area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way your version looks and I think I would do a black and white one or a red and white one. I just remembered a beautiful piece of aqua I have that would make the perfect background to go with some aqua and brown fabrics that I have stashed so I might use that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MIMOSA! Oh, I'd love to make this with Mimosa prints. What a gorgeous pattern - love the Irish Chain-ish crosses running through the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dark blue background and the colors you used! I'm thinking about using Bandana by Me and My Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dark blue background Kirsten, it looks stunning ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fat quarter friendly quilts are right up my alley. Love the blue background on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this pattern and your use of a dark blue background. I am thinking light pink background and mint green and dark pink.

    ReplyDelete