Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pattern testing for Juliet @ A Tartan Kiwi

A few weeks ago, the lovely Juliet from The Tartankiwi blog put out a call for pattern testers for her newest paper pieced design. I haven't done a great deal of paper piecing but as this was an elephant I couldn't resist offering to try it out.
This was a wonderful pattern to follow and it all came together quite easily. And I was able to use a piece of the pretty new Denyse Schmidt Piccadilly fabric to fussy cut for the ear.
This is a 12 inch block and Juliet also has a larger 24" version available. She has also done a bear recently which is fabulous too! If you can, pop over to Juliets blog to see the other versions of the elephant and also the ones in the larger 24" size as they are all amazing!

Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. oh this is very fun! Love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of the DS fabrics here. This is a really good-looking elephant (I love his proportions), well done Juliet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun, but looks so complicated! Love the elephant ear fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing such a great job. When I designed the pattern, I envisioned fun fussy cut ears so I loved to see that you shared this interpretation of the block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... That what I call a cute elephant. Love the ears :)

    ReplyDelete