Monday, July 8, 2013

An Angel quilt

Recently, I volunteered to make an Angel quilt for one of the participants in the DS Quilts Doll quilt swap and as it has arrived at its destination, I can share some photos.
The mini was based on a tutorial from Dorrie, who is one of the other members of the DS mini quilt group. I quilted it in a cross hatch design, then bound it in a multi-coloured stripe.
 I also made a pouch to send using the Scrappy trip along tutorial to make the outside panel as I wanted to see how these blocks came together.
And lined it with a bright orange print from Aunt Edna.
I was worried about sending this from Australia but luckily this package did not take too long to arrive at its destination!
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. You've made two lovely gifts Kirsten! The pouch is perfect as is the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Kirsten! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled to receive them - good on you for taking on the angel role!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white. So fresh and clean, I never get tired of it!

    If you happen to follow me (theboredzombie) on bloglovin, my feed has changed. Find me here: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9760557

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I especially like your mini quilt.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEE!!! It's absolutely beautiful! I am hopping over to the tute right now. Thank you for that happy bit of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kirsten! What a beautiful and fun mini quilt you made! It looks so sparkling with the white background and the binding is lovely finishing! Great idea to try the 'scrappy trip' on a pouch. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt! I love the idea of using a practice block like that.

    ReplyDelete