Friday, October 5, 2012

Down Under Doll Quilt Swap

I finished sewing down the binding on this mini quilt for the Down Under Doll quilt swap and have posted it off to my partner this afternoon.
I ended up hand quilting around each "petal" of the block in a matching thread colour -  I was going to do something different but I am glad that I went with this instead.
The back of the quilt is made up of a paper pieced block using a design by Leila at Where the Orchids Grow.
Because this is a local swap, hopefully it wont take too long for the minis to reach their new homes.
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations and with Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in left sidebar).
Kirsten.

14 comments:

  1. It's lovely and your hand quilting looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee! The little iron is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! I hope you get an equally awesome mini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mini Mirsten - your partner will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, love the multicoloured petals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mini-quilt, and this iron block is so cute!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and the iron is so cute! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. A local swap must be a treat for you! Love the retro flower mini. The handstitching is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love all the DS fabric in there. That chunky stitching has me swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love the hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for making such a wonderful two sided quilt. The effort you put into the two distinct sides is well appreciated!

    ReplyDelete