Monday, May 9, 2016

Scrappy HST Maker's Tote

Another project ticked off my Q2 FAL list is the Maker's Tote which is another lovely pattern by Anna @ Noodlehead designs.
I have used the leftover Bonnie and Camille HST trimmed from sewing my Spell it with Moda quilt letters (as well as a few from my Thirty Shades of Fox quilt) to join up for these panels. 
Then it was just a matter of adding some fabric to make the panel up to the required size.
The zip used is a separating one so that the tote opens right up for easy access and there are also a couple of pockets for storage.
I made a little EPP hexagon from some more fabric scraps to use for the zipper tab.
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt and Nicky @ Mrs Sew and Sew.
And also with with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Fresh Poppy Design
This project was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

17 comments:

  1. oh this turned out great! I really need to get back to mine! I'd love for you to tell me more about your experience making this tote...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really pretty. A perfect pattern for left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this on the FAL FB page - it's gorgeous! You're getting me somewhat addicted to noodelhead! Congrats on your FAL finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! I really need to get this pattern out and make one for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you on Scraptastic Tuesday. The HSTs are beautiful but then you put them together and made it even more beautiful. Useful too!!! Love it.
    Preeti.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love the patchwork for the Makers tote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that is a beautiful bag to remind you of your earlier quilt! Thank you for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely use of scraps. I keep looking at this pattern, maybe I will make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your scrappy Maker's Tote! The colors are great together and will be a nice reminder of the quilt. I'm going to check out that pattern now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just checked out that pattern and I really like your version so much better than the original. (don't tell Anna!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way this turned out! I have considered making this bag... I might have to give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Kirsten! I need to make one of these, it looks so practical. Thanks for participating in the 2016 FAL on behalf of the global hosts!

    ReplyDelete