Monday, June 19, 2017

Zip top tote bag

When we were travelling overseas, I needed a carry on bag so made the Zip top tote from Anna Grahams (@noodlehead) book "Handmade Style".
The main fabric for the bag is a Cloud 9 Koi "It's a Plus" canvas along with some of my favourite black denim.
I didn't have any leather available for the handles so also used the black denim to make the straps.
I constructed the bag a little differently than the original pattern, and made the other side of the bag into a pocket large enough to carry magazines.
Like all of Annas patterns, it was very easy to make and I made this bag in one afternoon of sewing.
This was a great bag to use as a carry-on as it also doubled as a tote to throw jackets and snacks in each day whilst we were travelling.
Kirsten.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I've got one of Anna's patterns on my list too - just need to choose fabric...

    ReplyDelete