Monday, August 31, 2015

Rainbow Ripple Afghan

Today is the last day of winter here and this is what I have been working on over the past few months -  my Rainbow Ripple Afghan.
This Ripple Afghan is made using quite a chunky yarn and a size 10 crochet hook so I found it a bit harder to work with than the 8ply yarn I have been using until now.
My Poolside tote doubled up as a great yarn storage bag over winter whilst I was doing this crochet:)
I just loved how quickly it crocheted up and how nice and warm it was once to sit under when I had done a few rows.
I actually had to stop doing it for a while as my wrists were quite sore:(
My kitty Simba helped me take a break by pinning me down so I couldn't get to do the next rows!
But I kept persevering and I ended up doing 5 sets of the rainbow of colours. 
This blanket actually got quite heavy towards the end but it fits comfortably on a double bed.  
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. this is amazing.. i love the rainbow. i always want to rainbow everything. the school my kids have their grades ordered by color, red being kindergarten, orange 1st grade and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! A lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous..... I know what you mean about the heavy feeling getting close to the end my wrists sure remainded me of that (chuckle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's stunning!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete