Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Colorway quilt

Late last year I saw on Instagram that there was a quilt-along starting using the new "Colorway" pattern by Thimbleblossoms.
This looked like a nice pattern to sew and also a good way to use up more of my stash so I joined in the sew along.
For my Colorway quilt, I used a mix a Bonnie and Camille prints (mainly Handmade and Little Ruby) along with coordinating solids and a black spot on cream print for the background.
The blocks were a bit tricky to sew as there are quite a few points to match but I think it got easier as I sewed them. 
Once the 36 blocks were made, I laid them out on my design floor (aka our loungeroom floor) to check the arrangement before sewing the blocks together.
This was such a fun quilt to make and I really love the new black prints in Handmade, especially with the cream and black dot background. 
As this was quite a large quilt 76 x 76", I sent it to my local quilter to have it long armed using the same Gingersnap pattern that was used on the Canyon Patchwork Swoon quilt for my daughters 21st birthday.
The backing is an ivory fabric with small white spots which I had in my stash, and I couldn't resist using the same B&W stripe for the binding that Camille used on her quilt.
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory

Fresh Poppy Design
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt - it looks great. Congratulations on a FAL finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so Gorgeous and Cheerful !! nice work. take care from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the perfect pairing of stash and SAL - they are so much fun to participate in. On behalf of the 2017 FAL hosts, thanks for linking up and sharing your work! Great Job.

    ReplyDelete