Thursday, April 6, 2017

Ninja Stars quilt

One of the quilts I finished recently was the Plus Squared quilt by Emily Dennis which was a lovely quilt to make, so when I saw that Emily had put out a call for pattern testers for some new patterns I contacted her right away. 
Emily had a couple of patterns that she had been posting pics of on Instagram, one of which was the "Ninja Stars" quilt that I ended up testing.
I chose some of the new Cloud 9 Floral Deco fabrics along with a few coordinating solids with the tan background to make the baby size of the Ninja Stars quilt.
The Ninja Stars quilt is a jelly roll friendly pattern but can also be made from 2.5" strips or 2.5 square scraps, and comes in 2 sizes - crib and throw.
The blocks were quite straightforward to put together and I got most of the smaller size of the quilt top done in a full day of sewing.
I didnt think I would have enough time to finish the quilt due to work but then our town was sadly flooded after tropical cyclone Debbie came down the east coast, so I had a few "sew-days" until the water levels went back down.
The quilting was quite easy as I followed the seam lines down the quilt with my usual serpentine stitch.
And then I bound the quilt in the bright red solid which also went well with the backing.
This was a great pattern and I really want to make the non-scrappy version soon too!
Emily has more information about her Ninja Stars quilt on her blog (she used some gorgeous Tula Pink fabrics) along with her other new release "Sweet Summertime" which is a another beautiful quilt, and now has both patterns available for purchase from her "Quilty Love" shop.
Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment