Sunday, December 4, 2016

"Ruby Tuesday" quilt

One of the ladies I work with recently made a couple of beautiful Log Cabin quilts and since then, I have been keen to make one myself.
I decided to make the "Room and Board" pattern by Camille @Thimblelossoms so gathered some fabrics and started cutting into them.
I used a mix of Bonnie and Camille's Ruby and their newly released Little Ruby and as I started this quilt on Tuesday 26th July, named it "Ruby Tuesday".
Later on I found out that 26/7 is also Mick Jagger's birthday and that the song was released in 1967 which is the year I was born - just a few little happy coincidences:)
I also had some white tone on tone floral leftover from my "Spell it With Moda" quilt, and also enough light aqua from the "Patchwork Swoon" quilt to make these blocks so was able to do a bit of stash busting for this quilt!
The blocks were very simple to put together and finish at 20" square and as I had decided to make a lap sized quilt, only needed to sew 9 of them.
The quilting was done along the seam lines every 2 inches using the Serpentine stitch again - I really love how it looks with all of the straight strips of fabric in this quilt.
For the backing, I used the ever-popular Ikea Britten fabric with a little strip of the light aqua down one side to make it wide enough.
And bound the quilt in my favourite B&C scallops print in aqua which is another fabric from the original Ruby range.
This was a really quick and easy quilt to sew and would be perfect for a beginner as it is just straight piecing and there are only a few seams to match at the end.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my Q4 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm so fond of log cabins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still fond of this quilt! On behalf of the 2016 FAL team of hosts, thanks for sewing along with us!

    ReplyDelete