Monday, February 23, 2015

Aussie bag swap

Last week I mailed off a swap package for the #aussiebagswap2015 and because my partner was in Australia this time, it didn't take long to get to her.
I made a Noodlehead 241 tote bag using some Cotton & Steel prints - the front is a patchwork piece...
 And the back is the butterflies print from the Moonlit range. 
The strap features the canvas arrows print with some black denim on the inside.
I lined the bag in an Alison Glass streamers print as she was another one of my partners favourite designers and they also shared the same first name:).
. I made a little matching pouch from some of the scraps and some metallic denim.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so I will also be linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

8 comments:

  1. You are SO generous with your swaps Kirsten! I love both these items, so expertly made! I hope you received something wonderful in return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the tote bag and the pouch are wonderful. Seems like Suz really appreciates it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The arrows on the strap are PERFECT! Such a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this bag is absolutely stunning! good fabric picks! i love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the patchwork tote! I really like that pattern, and will have to try it with a patchwork panel. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought this pattern and some great canvas I want to mix with my quilting cottons. Your beautiful bag has given me the inspiration to start creating one for a gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought this pattern and some great canvas I want to mix with my quilting cottons. Your beautiful bag has given me the inspiration to start creating one for a gift. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! You are the master of the 241 bag.

    ReplyDelete