Thursday, July 9, 2015

Poolside Tote

When we caught up with family at the beach earlier this year, my sister in law commented that she liked my Noodlehead Poolside tote, which I had brought along all our gear for the day in.
So I decided to make her one for her birthday!
Her favourite colour is blue so I chose a lovely printed drill from Lisette to make the Poolside tote.
 I also found some water resistant canvas to use for the lining which matched quite well.  
I omitted the facing on the lining this time (because I ran out of fabric) but I think it still turned out ok.
 I added in a little tab on the side of the lining to hang things like keys or sunscreen from.
Before I sent it to her, I took the Poolside tote to our Memorial Baths for some photos.
The Memorial Baths were built in 1926 to commemorate those who served in World War One. 
The design of this building was based upon the Menin gates at Ypres, Belgium and is now where memorial ceremonies such as the Anzac Day Rembrances are held.
The Baths are where our children had their swimming lessons many years ago, and more recently their school swimming carnivals - the above photo of my 3 (who are now teenagers!) was taken when the Baths were reopened after renovations in September 2005.
I think my sister-in-law will get a lot of use from this bag, either at the pool, the beach or when they go camping.

And I even found a pretty card to match:)
When I sent the bag to her a few weeks ago it was perfect timing as they were about to head off on a family holiday to the Whitsunday Islands in QLD so I asked if they could please send a photo of the bag in use - so here it is on beautiful Whitehaven Beach with my photobombing brother in the background:)
Linking up with Diane @From Blank Pages for a Week of Finishes!

from blank pages...
Also linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
And with the Super Online Sewing Match Community Match @ Sew Mama Sew.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. That turned out beautiful. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric choices for your (gifted) Poolside Tote! I had swimming lessons at those memorial baths over 40 years ago......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky sister. :) She's going to love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great looking bag!! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I made a Poolside Tote last summer and I have been using it ever since. I think I will make one for my sister (plus another one for myself).

    ReplyDelete