Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Feathery Caravan tote

My first finish for the Q2 finish-along is a tote bag that was gifted to a good friend as a farewell gift from work. 
The pattern is the Caravan tote by Anna @ Noodlehead designs and as usual, Anna's instructions were very clear and easy to follow.
I used a pretty feathery drill for the main bag panel, along with my favourite 7 oz black denim for the top of the tote and the handles.
The only tricky part of this was avoiding  breaking my needle on the metal parts of the zipper!
The pattern includes directions for making a divided pocket to keep knitting needles and crochet hooks in which is such a great idea for a crafty person such as my friend.

I really love this feathers print and have enough of this fabric left to make another one of these totes for me:)
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory

Fresh Poppy Design
This project was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team
2016 FAL
.
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Love this Kirsten! You are game to be tackling a metal zipper like that! You are quite the Queen of Bag-making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! You have a very lucky friend to have you as a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely bag! You have found a great fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bag - lucky friend! Well done on a finish for Q2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love this! I’m visiting on behalf of the FAL hosting team – thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete