Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Panda-monium pillow

It was my nieces 21st birthday recently and as she loves pandas, I decide to make her a pillow using the Pandamonium pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.
There are 26 different pieces to cut out for the Panda pattern and it was quite easy to sew it all together.
I quilted the pillow in a grid style and even found a cute tumbling pandas print to use for the back of the pillow. 
This pillow ended up about 20" square and I bound it in a B&W stripe which is one of my favourite fabrics to use for binding:)
There is some bamboo growing down by the river near where I live which was the perfect place for some quick photos.
Hoping the birthday girl enjoys this pillow as much as I enjoyed making it for her!
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
And also linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. That's one handsome Panda! Love the dark turquoise background fabric, too, really makes him stand out. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift Kirsten! You are such a thoughtful auntie! He seems to be enjoying his bamboo dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly adorable!! Perfect backing and binding fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable....i made a panda mini once years ago...this pattern looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I'm sure your niece will love it. I certainly would!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely pillow, and a great gift! I'm visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad.

    ReplyDelete