Monday, June 24, 2013

Super Tote # 2

I finished off the second Super tote which was gifted over the weekend to a couple expecting their first baby. 
 After making the first Super Tote a few weeks ago, I thought that it would make a great Nappy/Baby bag as it is so roomy.
I made the straps a little longer than indicated in the pattern so that the bag may be able to be hung over pram handles if needed.
And included a key fob on the inside of the front pocket so that keys would be easily accessible.
Whilst doing grocery shopping the other day, I found a cute little travel sized pack of baby shampoos and lotion which fitted perfectly into one of the elasticized pockets. I just made a  slip pocket for the other side of the bag.
I hope that this will be a bag that will get a lot of use over the coming years!


Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory. Kirsten.

13 comments:

  1. Looks great Kirsten! I'm sure it will be well loved and get lots of use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag, Kirsten. Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift! Such cute prints :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful bag, and very useful too!
    I'm sure the parents would treasure it!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bag!! Love the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tote! Perfect gift for an expecting family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous! So much room and some pockets to organize them. Great

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great shower gift idea! And it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great tote Kirsten. I love the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure it'll be invaluable for the new baby! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out beautiful Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete