Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dragonfly Trail Tote

Earlier this week, Anna from Noodlehead designs posted about a new Trail Tote bag pattern on her blog. 
I loved the look of this bag and decided to go ahead and make it using some Cloud 9 Dragonflies in teal, which is one of the prints from the Rashida Coleman-Hale "Koi" organic canvas range.
Prompted to sew something this weekend by Amira and her IG tag #mycraftyweekendplan, I ducked out to my local craft store yesterday morning and bought a zip, teal thread, fusible interfacing and some black denim for the strap. I did however, forget to buy some piping cord so I have left that off the bag.
The lining is a the Scattered Newsprint in aqua from Collage by Carrie Bloomston which matched perfectly. 
And the bag is just the right size to be able to fit in all of my daily essentials including the appropriately named book that I am currently reading....
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Fresh Poppy Design
And also with the 2014 Purse Palooza @ Sew Sweetness.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. This turned out really nice! I've had my eye on the pattern too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I am going to have to try that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a very pretty and useful tote Kirsten! That is definitely my favourite colour, and dragonflies have never looked so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dragonfly print is divine! I hope you get to show your bag off tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great - I've been eying off that bag pattern too, it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete