Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fancy Friends MQS

The last secret swap I signed up for at the end of 2015 was the Fancy Friends Mini quilt swap, and now that my #teamfriendsofAllie partner has received her package I can reveal what was sent to her.
She liked blues, greens, aqua and grey along with modern designers like Tula Pink.
And she mentioned that she liked both the foxes and the bunnies so I went with both!
I hadn't made the bunnies before and they were a bit more complicated than the foxes to sew. 
For the quilting, I tried out a denser version of the serpentine stitch which I think gave the quilt such a great texture. 
Then I bound the mini in a pretty aqua blue to match the backing print.
For the extras, I sent a little zip pouch made using one of the "Alphabet spools" blocks by Kristy @ Quiet Play, along with pattern and some "bobbin buddies" which are used to keep bobbin and thread matched up.
And a big thanks to Samantha for being the  #teamfriendsofAllie swap mama!
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. You are a very generous swapper Kirsten! Your mini is very sweet! I'm curious about those colourful 'loopy' things? What are they? (I think some of your text was hidden by the last photo.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh love this, and what a generous swapper you are! Thanks so much for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of the 2016 hosts!

    ReplyDelete