Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday & Sew-in Purses

Just making a couple of last minute Christmas gifts - the purse frames are done already. I had a 4 and a 6 inch sew-in frame and basically just traced around the frames and cut fabric in a curved shape to make the bottom part but they seem a little flat. 
I found it easier to put some pins through the holes in the frame to hold the top of the fabric in the right place while I stitched it all together.
I put a layer of batting between the outside and the lining, and the larger purse is big enough to hold an iphone 4 in it but I might try and make them differently next time so that they end wider at the base.
And now I just need to finish off a couple of gift card holders for my dad and brother.
Linking to Work In Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
and to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (button in sidebar) and to the Monday link-up at Plum and June:

Plum and June
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the rest of that list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Where did you get the sew in frames from? They sound less scary than the glue ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your fabric choices! Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love these! All of your fabrics are ones that I use for my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the sew in style only the glue in - yours are great especailly the AMH combo - oohh, love those fabrics together. My field study has yet to find a project.

    ReplyDelete