Friday, December 21, 2012

Ruby Star Wrapping: Gift card wallets.

I saw these gift cards wallets from the Ruby Star wrapping book and decided to make a couple of them to enclose some gift cards that I had purchased for Christmas presents.
Rather than using laminated  paper like in the book, I choose some masculine fabrics to make these for my brother and father - some Echo and a print from the Denyse Schmidt Aunt Edna range. They will be now able to use them afterwards to keep business or loyalty cards in.
The cards fit in perfectly - tied up with a bit of baker's twine and now they are just right for gift giving. I really need to make a whole bunch of these ready to use as last minute gift card holders next year!
Linking up to the Ruby Star Wrap-Along and with the Ruby Star Wrapping Contest at Sew Mama Sew and also to the Monday Link up with Beth at Plum and June.
Plum and June 
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I hadn't even remembered this was in the book - and here I adapted one of the other patterns for my gift cards. I need a couple more so I may try this one & compare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous! You are totally organised!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect guy fabric. I like the twine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent idea, and for the reuse too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fabulous, and a great idea for a gift card, as well as for use afterwards. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those wallets -- great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great - and I love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win, Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete