Saturday, September 8, 2012

Zakka sew-along: Happy Garland Hoop

This would definitely have to be the easiest project in the Zakka book, and also one of the cutest too.
I think these hoops would make great gifts too as they could be used for a number of things - I am using mine to hold a small photo of my kids taken a few years ago.
Mum gave me these little coloured wooden pegs a few months ago and I kept them with this project in mind. Linking to LR Stitched, and also to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory

Fresh Poppy Design
Kirsten.

12 comments:

  1. Very sweet! How big is your hoop? I made a little 5" one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely project - bright and cute!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uber cute Kirsten and love the photo of your children!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great. I have to make one after seeing yours and Debbie's. The colored pegs are perfect. Cute picture of the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute indeed - nice to have an easy project once in a while, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love the colors you're using and could see how this would be great for many, many uses. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to use it for holding a photo! Yours is fantastic! I picked up some of the colorful clothespins, as well as the plain ones. I see more of these in my future and agree they would make sweet presents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't have been a nice ease in if the Zakka Style SAL had begun with this project instead of the complicated zig zag tote? Keeping true to the Denyse Schmidt creed with your bunting I see. Did you get along to th Lismore Quilt Show this weekend. Alas I did not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love that, it is so cute! I think I might need one :)

    ReplyDelete