Sunday, December 18, 2016

Scraptastic Tuesday - Scrappy Canyon quilt

When I made the Patchwork Swoon quilt for my daughters 21st birthday a few months ago, I was left with some large HST's that I decided to use to make another quilt.
I used these HST along with another print and some grey solid yardage to make a quilt top (more info here).
Then quilted it with my favourite Serpentine stitch with lines about one inch apart.
The backing is the fun Ikea Britten Nummer fabric which I am rapidly running out of!
The Canyon jelly roll is the first one that I have used, and I was quite surprised that from that one jelly roll (and by using some additional print and solid fabric) I have managed to make 3 quilts - the Patchwork Swoon quilt, the Watercolor Seahorses quilt and also this one (along with another small project that I will share later).
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt and Nicky @ Mrs Sew and Sew.
This was on my FAL Q4 list for this year so also linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. oh this is nice and Yay for another FAL finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure make the most of those scraps Kirsten! Lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jelly roll went a long way! Well done for getting three quilts out of it and all beauties! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous finish Kirsten - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuteness! Canyon is such a beautiful line -- good for you for getting so much mileage from one jelly roll of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete