Saturday, June 30, 2012

Echino Pillow

The sun finally came out again today so while I had the chance, I took a few photos of the pillow I have made for my Mum . 
The main fabric is Echino "Chelsea Lion" aqua double gauze, along with some matching blue linen to make a fairly basic pillow as I could not bring myself to cut the fabric up any further.
I used a decorative stitch with some variegated yellow Gutermann thread to sew along the edge of the linen - I wish now that I had done a few more rows of stitching in the linen.
And of course Simba came to investgate what I was doing .......here he is giving the Echino Lion the evil eye:)

Fresh Poppy Design


Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. looks like the seal of aproval to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple is simply amazing here. I love the print fabric, never having seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillow is gorgeous!! Love the lion print!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow is amazing! Hilarious cat photo - can't tell if he (she?) approves or if it's a stare down with that lion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, very nice! Sun though, I vaguely remember it, but it's been a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely pillow! I have one yard of echinops that I am slowly using - just a little bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pillow! Aren't Echino fabrics great?! Whatever project I use them for - the results are always great! I just wish they weren't as pricy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pillow! And Simba is so cute ;)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lion. AND the kitty. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pillow! What a great idea to combine a little Echino and solid fabrics for a simple pillow, love it!
    And your kitty is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete