Monday, May 2, 2016

Spell it With Moda - ABC quilt

It has taken a while but my Bonnie and Camille "Spell It With Moda" ABC quilt is now done! 
Many of these letters are sewn using the name from the fabric range (eg. A= April Showers, B=Bliss, D=Daysail, H= Hello Darling, M=Marmalade, P= Vintage Picnic, R=Ruby, S= Scrumptious, V= Vintage Modern,) or a colour (L=lime, C= coral, O= orange, N=navy, Y= yellow), or something else associated with the letter (F= floral, T=text, U= Umbrella).
I chose to make a few of the Dwell blocks from Camille Roskelleys "Simplify" book for the filler blocks - one for each of my 3 children.
And for the quilting, I again used the Serpentine stitch on my sewing machine and did fairly dense quilting.
The backing is one of the Daysail prints and I used my favourite Sundae scallops in grey for the binding.
It has only just started to cool down here so I can't wait to use this quilt over these cooler Autumn months.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

8 comments:

  1. Your quilting really adds an extra dimension to this lovely quilt Kirsten! I admire your skill- it looks like it could have been done on a longarm machine! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely! You have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt. Quilting the lines close together has given it a fantastic finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting looks incredible!! The different themes for the letters is so fun! Gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to sew a letter quilt myself. Yours is already finished and beautiful!!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out great!! I finished my Spell It With Moda quilt top but have had it quilted or bound yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Spell It With Moda quilt was on my Q2 list too. I finished the top yesterday but it won't be completed this quarter. Hoping it will be my first finish for Q3! Love your's all in B&C fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! I have not used that sort of stitch on my machine for quilting, but it looks fantastic - I might have to try sometime! Thanks so much for participating in the Finish-A-Long, on behalf of all of the hosts!

    ReplyDelete