Monday, February 25, 2013

"Positively Texty"

The 4th round of the X-factor pillow swap had a theme of scrappy squares - the individual squares needed to finish between 1"and 2" and needed to be all the same size.
Basically keeping to a neutral colour theme with splashes of green and red, I chose to do a "plus" design using some of the text fabrics that I could find in my stash to make an 18" pillow which I then echo quilted along the seam lines.
There are prints from Sweetwaters "Authentic" and "Mama Said Sew" ranges, along with Timeless Treasures Perch Text, Michele D'Amore "Wordplay", Violet Crafts' Madrona Road text and Modas Circa 1934 typewriter keys.
The back is made from a larger piece of one of the newspaper type prints from Spotlight, and and I then used a black and white spot for the binding.


Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.

And I am also entering this pillow into the Sew-vivor contest over at Family Ever After.
Kirsten.

18 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! Brilliant choice for the back too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it :) Love the use of the Text fabrics. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, love the title, it looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I really love the use of all those text prints, and the colour scheme. I just joined this group and think I will have a crack at making a cushion for the next round - circles seems like a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love the hop-scotch looking fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work as usual. Love the variety of texty prints in there (great name too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pillow, KIrsten. I keep meaning to go in this swap and keep getting waylaid by life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this cushion Kirsten - love the +'s and the texty prints, it's just perfect! Your swap-partner will be so happy! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh lucky partner - this is a gorgeous pillow Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. COOL! Your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kirsten, I love it! I think you know how I feel about the plus design and you've made it so much cooler with all the text prints. This sounds like a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Great fabric choices and palette. Lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very smart, using all the texting fabrics from sweetwater. I have a dresser full of sweetwater, one drawer for each line :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in a text charm swap and this is a fabulous idea for using what I receive! It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete